Monday, October 16, 2006

Success in Challenger's League

This weekend I played in the Challenger's League of the Western Cape Closed - a tournament to decide the challenger for the title of Western Cape Meijin. Since qualification for this tournament is quite tough, I was quite stoked to qualify for it in the first place. With one withdrawal, I had to finish anywhere except last to qualify for next year's event automatically, but that seemed a tall order considering the strength of the rest of the field. However, I am pleased to say that I managed to scrape together 2 wins (and come really close barring a brainfart in a 3rd game) in 4 games, which, thanks to being seeded last left me in 4th position out of the 5 players. So I qualified for next year. And as an added bonus, I've been promoted to 2 kyu! How long I'll stay there is anyone's guess..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home