Monday, November 13, 2006

Things I forgot in that update

Well, the server hosting my Go website was hacked. Now that seriously sucks. I was vastly impressed by the fact that the hosts had recent updates for us, so I haven't lost much. However, now security has been tightened up, making things a bit more of a pain to do. So the ranking system is still non-functional, and we can't upload images or files, and the gallery doesn't work. That kind of thing. I had quite a good game of Go against Konrad on Thursday as well. No major upsets, but some poor moves, and I ended up losing by 5.5 on a 2-stone handicap. I felt I wasn't being pushed around, so that was good. Perhaps I'll be able to pull off a win next time. On the reading side, "Adventures in Missing the Point" turned out to be quite good, but not quite as good as the next book I worked through, Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith". I'd heard a lot of the stuff in this book from Rob when he visited Stellenbosch and gave some talks and a sermon, but I still think he's got a lot of valuable insights, also, I guess, showing us how we as Christians often miss the point. Finally, my dad's cousin, and one of my parent's neighbours, Uncle Joe, passed away while Dalene was in Malta. He had been suffering from cancer for some time, but of course it has been a difficult time for his family, especially Aunt Sigi who I assume will now be home alone. Tomorrow, Dalene is at another conference, giving another talk, but it seems she will be paraphrasing her doctoral defence, so at least it won't all have to be done from scratch. Perhaps this really is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home